- 1/4Â cup sugar
- 2Â tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1Â tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1Â tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1-1/4Â cups milk
1. In a small bowl stir together sugar, cocoa powder, and flour. In a medium saucepan melt the margarine or butter. Stir in the cocoa mixture until thoroughly mixed and no lumps are visible. Gradually add milk to saucepan, stirring constantly.
2. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more. Serve over biscuits or shortcake. Makes 1-1/4 cups (ten 2-tablespoon servings).
Make-Ahead Tip: Leftover gravy can be covered and chilled for up to 2 days. To reheat 1/2 to 2/3 cup gravy, place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microcook on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring once. Or, place the gravy in a small saucepan. Heat through over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Servings Per Recipe 1-1/4 cups (ten 2-tablespoon servings)
- Calories 52,
- Total Fat (g) 2,
- Saturated Fat (g) 0,
- Cholesterol (mg) 1,
- Sodium (mg) 28,
- Carbohydrate (g) 7,
- Fiber (g) 0,
- Protein (g) 1,
- Vitamin A (DV%) 0,
- Vitamin C (DV%) 0,
- Calcium (DV%) 5,
- Iron (DV%) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet